Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 1 Task: 1st Attempt at Model

I chose my final cross section for the modeling task.
My underground is based on Ricky Swallows' watercolour and the word Childish, and
my overground is based on Patricia Piccinini's sculpture "Not Quite Animal" and the word Isolated.

I kinda got the hang of Sketchup as it involves a really practical and basic kind of approach to modeling which I love!! lol
I wanted to express the word isolated in my model for Patricia's studio, but also incorporate the fact that she is a versatile artist and makes use of many different mediums. That's how I decided on 4 different studios as individual spaces for each form of art - sculpture, sketches, digital media.

For my underground studio, I Simply decided on 2 or 3 large spaces considering Ricky's main style involved sculptures, and still leave a large space for his watercolours which faces a large blank wall with a coloured and distorted roof ( kinda acting as a form of inspiration or an aid to his thinking method).



No comments:

Post a Comment